Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I'm Proud for Success and Achievement of Others

7/11/12: WARNING!! Lengthy Jane rant ahead. 

Just so you know I am very libertarian but I have conservative leanings. I don't like big government so my posts tend to lean that way just like many friends that I love (and might disagree with) will publicly post the opposite because they believe the opposite. 

I get it! Politics can stir up the strongest emotions because it hits at the very core of what a person believes. I personally believe we all want much of the same thing even when we are on opposite sides.

I believe our country is exceptional and owes no one any apologies for its successful individuals. I believe people are good and want to be successful and INDEPENDENT. I believe personal and professional achievement should be rewarded not belittled and punished. I believe we all want our freedom. I believe MOST of us want to honor our veterans and soldiers for the sacrifices they and their families have made for our country and will continue to make. I believe MOST of us want our country and our way of life to survive.

People who know me know I am incredibly laid back and easy going. When I see (or believe I see) someone who has the power and the will to threaten all that I hold dear and believe in I am going to speak up. I will not stand by quietly when I think my children's and future generations of children will be saddled with the burden of debt they didn't incur. Honestly I can't understand why any parent would be okay with it. I can't stay quiet when I see a government collection agency (IRS) be expanded to ensure that a law (that wasn't read before it was passed) is adhered to. I also don't understand parents who are good with that for their children's future.

If being financially successful is something to be ashamed of then why do so many parents encourage their kids to go to college? We encourage our kids to make good grades, show leadership and be good citizens so they can grow up and be financially independent and lead loving and successful lives. If you are a person who wants your children to be dependent on others and the government for a paycheck and to meet their everyday needs then you have incredibly low standards in my opinion. Being envious and jealous of those who seem to have it all is one thing...but to hold those who have done well (or inherited wealth somehow) in contempt is shameful, stupid and a waste of time and emotion.

Going with the flow isn't always smart or wise. Celebrity doesn't automatically make for good leadership or "good" human beings. Being a professional anything (actor, singer, athlete etc.) doesn't automatically make a person a roll model. Being a "perfect" person or having a pristine past doesn't always make the best spiritual or political leader. "Eye candy" doesn't always make the best girl or boy friend. The gift of discernment was given to all mankind. More people should take the time to step back, think and use it. ~Jane Hahn

No comments:

Post a Comment